The Warriors (1979)

New York City is crawling with various street gangs, all hostile to one another, but Cyrus, the charismatic leader of the Gramercy Riffs, wants to set aside all differences and create one gigantic mega-gang. Once united, Cyrus hopes to wage war against the local authorities and claim the city as his own. His glorious plans of conquest are foiled, however, when he's shot to death at a gang-land rally. The murder is unjustly attributed to the Warriors, a Coney Island gang, and thus marks them all for death. 90% of this movie is watching the Warriors “bravely” flee from danger. 
Film Rating: BAD
Good features were better than expected. Bad features were awful, yet still enjoyable. Abortions were utter torment to sit through.

2 comments:

  1. You bastards! I watched this movie when I was a kid and I loved it! I worshiped it! I adored it! Then I watched it again yesterday, after listening to your podcast, and now it's ruined forever! What a cheesy, stupid movie! How dare you rot my sweet memories of it?!

    Seriously now, it was a very funny episode (even with all of those math/pronunciation problems) and, despite being a terrible movie, it'll still live in my heart as a guilty pleasure. I'll always love those nintendo-beat-em-up-game characters (except for the baseball furies, which were already ridiculous when I was young) and the "Do you wanna play?" quote is a true classic. You must remember back in those days we had no movies like this, and we love it despite of its flaws (go and watch Mad Max 1 and you'll know what I mean).

    Thank you guys. That was an awesome review. 8)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was honestly expecting all the feedback on our Warriors episode to be negative (since we basically made fun of a "classic"), but I'm happy those expectations were wrong. :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.